Functional Nurse Practitioners
Nurse Practitioners are registered nurses who have a Masters Degree in Nursing and advanced training and experience. Functional Nurse Practitioners are able to assist physicians with a myriad of health protocols, like:
- Autonomously diagnose and treat illnesses
- Order and interpret tests
- Prescribe medications
- Perform medical procedures
- Refer patients to specialists
Our Nurse Practitioners can also:
- Address core nodes of healing: increase energy, gut health, brain power & mood, balance hormones, detoxification, heart vitality, immune balance.
- Order and interpret specialized functional medicine testing.
- Prescribe hormones and Functional Medicine treatments.
- Make recommendations for nutritional and intravenous treatments, neurofeedback, and other functional medicine services
- Address lifestyle impacts of relationships, relaxation, stress, nutrition, exercise, sleep.
Nurse Practitioners are known for their nursing-based approach to medicine. They focus on the patient and their environment as a whole, involve patients in decisions about their care and teach people ways to optimize health and wellbeing.
Nurse Practitioners form a part of the collaborative team of health professionals at LMMD. Our NPs are accepting new patients as well as working with patients who are already in the practice. You may see our physicians for certain problems and the NP for other concerns and your care will be managed seamlessly because our clinicians work as a team.