Lymphatic Drainage Therapy


Ready to start the journey to understanding your health?
BOOK NOW

Lymphatic Drainage Therapy

 

Lymphatic Drainage Therapy (LDT) is a gentle and non-invasive treatment that improves immune system function Common conditions that can benefit are congestion, swelling, inflammation, infections, autoimmune diseases, and nerve pain. This treatment benefits people before and after surgeries as it boosts the immune system so the body can more effectively fight off any viruses or infections that you may come into contact with in the hospital.

Lymphatic Sy

Your Lymphatic System

The body's lymphatic system is an intricate system of cells, vessels, nodes, tissues and organs. The lymphatic capillaries allow fluid from your body's cells to enter into the lymphatic system. Lymphatic fluid, or lymph, consists of cells, debris, and digestive fats. Your lymph nodes collect and cleanse the lymphatic fluid. Tissues and organs found in your digestive tract recognize and handle foreign invaders. Specialized cells called lymphocites help clear microbes and foreign cells, protecting your body and building your immune system.

The Hero of the Immune System

The lymphatic system is unlike any other system in the body because it doesn't have a single pump system that moves the fluid. It works like this: The lymphatic capillaries are blind-ended which allows for the fluid to escape from it being vaccumed out by the system. It reaches the collectors and valves where muscles in the vessels continue to move the fluid forward.

Lymphatic fluid is cleaned continuously by the lymph nodes and returned to your blood stream. It consists of 96% water and debris, bacteria, virusus, digestive fats. Cells make up the remaining 4%. If you are dehydrated, this 4% can make you feel terribly sluggish. A trained lymphatic drainage therapist feels the quality, direction and rate of fluid. They determine areas that are experiencing restricted lymphatic flow and therefore help move forward or reroute the lymph.

Anyone can receive and benefit from LDT. Congestion, swelling, inflammation, recurring or chronic infections, injuries and surgeries are assisted by this therapy. About 70% of your entire lymphatic system is found just beneath the skin so it is a very gentle treatment. It does not at all feel like massage.

Aquatic Lymphatic Drainage Therapy

Kelly also enhances the method of Lymphatic Drainage Therapy by adding the effect of the body when emersed in water.
Kelly Ashton offers Lymphatic Drainage Therapy at Lynne Murfin MD along with other great services that help rid your body of toxins. Whether it's Reflexology, Aquatic Lymphatic Drainage Therapy, Massage Therapy, or Reiki, Kelly looks forward to helping you achieve optimal health and wellness.